Monday, January 10, 2011

January freeze...

So.....when is spring?  My family and I all celebrate the winter solstice because of the increased 'sunshine time' that we in the northern hemisphere will soon see.  Even though the freezing temperatures will linger for several days to come....something about Dec. 21th makes me want to celebrate by eating a slice of lemon meringue pie or drinking a bright yellow tropical punch smoothie.

The first seed order of the year for Green Barn Gardens came on January 1st and more have followed since from various places throughout the country. Those folks who love to 'grow things' can't wait to be able to get outside and play in the dirt. I am one of the many that are gearing up for the 2011 growing season, and I'm looking forward to another wonderful year!  Only 69 days till spring (March 20).     

No comments:

Post a Comment